Health Care PartnerJob ID 85989 Date posted 02/07/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: 4S/5S/6S Short Stay Obs
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full time: 7pm to 7:30am; every other weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Six months as a Nursing Assistant in an Acute Care setting
- Secretarial/Administrative experience a plus
- Competency with written and spoken English language
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Telemetry monitoring certification
- Telemetry experience
- One year as Unit Clerk/Secretary and one year as Nursing Assistant in Acute Care
- Certified Nursing Assistant
The Health Care Partner's responsibilities include Unit Clerk, Nursing Assistant, and Tele Tech duties.
This is currently a 40 plus bed Telemetry/Observation unit; cohesive, supportive team environment. Average length of patient stay is 24 hours so must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast paced setting. Willing to train some components of role if an optimal candidate.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Health Care Partner, Nursing Assistant, NA, Unit Clerk, Telemetry, Tele