Health Educator and Quality Coordinator
Job ID: 106858 Date posted: December 16, 2020
- Sharp HealthPlan
- Health Services
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
If you like, the sound of what it means to be a Sharp Health Plan team member, and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about why you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sharp Health Plan is the largest, locally-based commercial health plan in San Diego. We are a not-for-profit organization serving the needs of San Diegans since 1992. As a subsidiary of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego’s largest provider of health care services, we not only serve the people of San Diego, we are the people of San Diego.
Through our unique integration with Sharp HealthCare, we connect our members to an award-winning network of hospitals, medical groups and physicians. We offer health insurance options for individuals, families, groups and businesses that combine affordability, choice, high-quality health care and personal service.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour variable shift, no weekends
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in a health plan managed care environment with HEDIS data collection and Pay for Performance data management and analysis experience
- NCQA accreditation, health promotion, and quality improvement expertise
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents addressing performance incentive programs, program specification, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Skill in working across departmental lines
- Ability to work independently and effectively with physicians, SHP staff, plan health, contracted medical groups, and various members of the health care team across the Sharp Health Care system
- Knowledge of available community resources and current standards of clinical practice
- Knowledge of managed care, Health Plan contracts, and benefits
- Strong organizational and MS office skills including Excel.
- Master’s degree in health care field or Graduate degree in health care administration, business or related field
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”