Health Services Data AnalystJob ID 84107 Date posted 11/01/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: PFS Quality Control
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full time; 8-hours variable; weekends as needed;7am to 9 am Flex start time
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of, physician and health care operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of on-line data entry and the ability to organize work flow to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to deal with the IDX main frame database, personal computer database (Access), spreadsheets
- (Excel), statistical programs and extraction of data through Monarch in a windows environment.
- Ability to effectively participate in various activities and to interact with other departments and staff effectively.
- Demonstrate organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet rapidly changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of procedure, diagnostic, and revenue coding (e.g., CPT-4, HCPCS, CRVS, RBRVS, RVS, ICD-9, etc.) and medical terminology.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in a managed care and Fee for service setting.
- Strong background in medical management systems (e.g., IDX), operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows), and a variety of PC-based software programs (e.g., Access, Excel, Word, SQL, and Monarch).
- Background in development and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and tight schedules.
- Degree in Health Administration, Business, Computers or applicable college coursework and equivalent work experience.
The Health Services Data Analyst will provide data management support to Managed Care Claims and associated Medical Groups. Responsible for developing database management systems and their applications. Provides technical support, reporting and analysis that enables data driven decision
making. Maintains the integrity of extensive spreadsheets, links data from different sources and databases to include functionality of formulas, queries, importing and exporting of data to other programs, and monitors internal and external data needs on an ongoing basis.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Health Services Data Analyst