Human Resources and Talent Management Senior Business Partner
Job ID: 106957 Date posted: December 19, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- HR Operations
- Human Resources Jobs
- Day Job
- Partner and consult with all levels of management to advise on and assist in implementing people strategies to improve engagement (i.e. performance management, culture and change management, talent assessment, organizational design, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, etc.).
- Review performance related documents and help develop performance improvement plans, including assisting with corrective action where appropriate.
- Help manage and resolve employee relations issues to prevent litigation and preserve culture. When needed, conducts effective, thorough and well-documented investigations.
- Provide day-to-day performance management support to employees (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Identify team effectiveness improvement opportunities that may be served through training or other interventions.May help design and facilitate training or team building specific to the needs of the client group.
Promote Talent Management through Service Excellence
- Maintain proactive relationship with client group leaders and employees.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with HR colleagues across all entities to ensure practice consistency and to elevate practice of Human Resources and Talent Management.
- Participate on taskforces, committees and in client team meetings as needed
- Promote employee engagement orientation with managers to support The Sharp Experience through high reliability organizing toward top decile performance.
- Track progress related to client satisfaction including response time to employee relations, employee/team development needs, any action plans, or effectively bringing issues to resolution.
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of training programs; follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Analyze trends and metrics, in partnership with HRTM and entity management, to develop solutions, programs and/or policies that translate into employee engagement initiatives and/or actions.
- Provide organizational and employee development expertise to leaders by facilitating organizational needs assessment, diagnosis and implementation of interventions, development of strategic plans and change management.
- Collaborate with leadership to manage organizational change in partnership with HRTM. Develop and implement workforce plans. Devise strategies to shape and reinforce culture and engagement in alignment with The Sharp Experience.
Human Resources & Talent Management Team Effectiveness
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of SHC policies and legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Conduct risk assessments on new and/or developing legal/regulatory requirements, and on current and developing business initiatives, practices, or strategies.
- Find opportunities to work closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, promote dialogue, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide employment-related policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Coordinate with team leadership to provide guidance and mentorship to support staff and take initiative to make appropriate decisions in the absence of the HR Manager/Director.
- Use basic data and analytical skills when needed to help track progress, demonstrate root cause analysis, or develop proposals for addressing HRTM concerns.
- Facilitate grievance process and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Facilitate constructive relationship with union representatives.
- Effectively deescalate workers’ compensation or FEHA/ADA issues by adhering to Sharp HealthCare’s Accommodation Review process and timelines.
- Analyze the impact of the collective bargaining agreements on organizational initiatives and objectives and recommend strategies to achieve organizational objectives within contractual and legal
The Human Resources department supports the corporate client areas in all of their human resources needs.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in a human resources role with some prior experience as a business partner, generalist or human resources manager required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including performance management, compensation practices, employee and labor relations, organizational development, diversity, wellness, and workers’ compensation.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs.
- Team leadership and team facilitation skills preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information to all levels of leadership.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems, HRIS and Intranet or cloud based service delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (Identify needs, design, facilitate, evaluate).
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact or data-based analysis to develop effective and efficient recommendations or solutions.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office, Workday, JDX.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- SHRM or HRCI certification
- HealthCare experience.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”