Informatics Program Specialist
- Corporate Offices
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$66.636 - $85.982 - $105.328
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
The Informatics Program Specialist functions as an expert practitioner, consultant, educator, innovator using evidenced based practice and research, and evaluator to maintain and improve system services, and to mentor clinician users to become better technology consumers. Responsible for creating and analyzing healthcare information and communications technology strategies to reduce risks, improve care delivery, change policy while providing oversight and guidance in the integration of technology in practice. Guides opportunities to develop, standardize and optimize systems, clinical processes, and data to ensure initiatives improve organizational processes and performance. The Informatics Program Specialist will support Sharp's future technology environment using research, evidenced-based practice, and the highest level of benchmarks - a single EHR platform with common enterprise-wide workflows, a consumer enabled modern EHR platform driving consumer engagement, greater interoperability that reduces variation and fragmentation, and improved efficiency and effectiveness reducing variable cost of care and maximizing clinical effectiveness. Designing, implementing, and optimizing additional technologies, keeping standardization in mind.
- Master's Degree in Informatics or Healthcare Related field would be considered.
- 7 Years recent clinical experience, with experience in a leadership level position in a healthcare facility.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing -PREFERRED
Other Qualification Requirements
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) OR related ANCC Professional Certification -REQUIRED within 1 year of hire date. Department management is responsible to track and ensuring employee obtains the certification within the required timeframe.
- System Design, Implementation and Maintenance
Participate in the selection, implementation, and support of clinical systems.
Uses innovation, evidenced-based practice, and research to guide the design decisions.
Implement software upgrades in collaboration with the IT Systems Analyst.
Actively participate in testing and validation of departmental systems and components.
Facilitate adherence to National and Institutional Privacy Policies in development of systems.
- Efficiency and effectiveness
Ensure maximum use and efficiency of clinical systems.
Contributes to identification of cost reducing and/or revenue enhancing opportunities.
Develop targeted metrics which determine system benefits for the user department, including criteria which measure process improvement.
Gather, analyze, and process information to determine overall system and process improvement benefits based upon defined metrics.
Provides direction to operational teams in use of audit tools which determine the level of user adoption of technology.
Participates in design and evaluation of the benefits or outcomes.
Assists teams in improving efficiency and effectiveness through project management.
Develops and leads teams in projects to address issues and lead the team to a positive outcome.
- Customer Service
Develop and maintain relationships with vendors for research and development purposes. Attend vendor training as needed. Attend vendor user groups and conferences, preferably with IT Systems Analyst.
As a liaison to clinically focused committees, perform regular analysis of clinical workflow and provide recommendations for the automation of manual processes, and to assure technology is meeting the needs of the department by enhancing, not impeding workflow.
Develop processes to solicit and respond to user concerns about system functionality working cooperatively within the Informatics Governance Structure. Develops resolutions to issues in response to user requests and concerns.
Provide direct support to end users as required, working within the established support framework that includes Informatics and IT input.
Serve as the primary liaison between the clinical department, core teams, and IT in order to resolve system/interface problems through effective communication, relationship building and interaction.
Communicate with staff regarding upcoming downtime and ensure ready availability of the appropriate tools to support staff during the downtime.
Demonstrates respect, professional behavior and appropriate confidentiality in all interactions and relationships across the health system.
Demonstrates cooperation, adaptability, flexibility, effective communication and dependability in supporting team goals.
Use expert skills to address conflict and assist team in arriving at mutually agreed upon resolutions.
- Training & Professional Development
Consistently strive to improve knowledge and skills in the development of clinical systems and processes.
Demonstrates intrinsic motivation within the team environment; contributes new innovative ideas using evidence based practice and research; utilizes opportunities to improve and share knowledge.
Contributes to professional practice development through any of the following: Active participation in a professional organization; Seek opportunities to actively learn about or to share new informatics concepts; Attends classes, seminars, conferences and other forums as assigned.
Maintain relevant knowledge in informatics and other health technologies theories and practice through lifelong learning.
- Professional Competencies
The Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) or related ANCC Certification is required within 12 months of hire. Department management is responsible for tracking compliance to certification criteria.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of new trends in clinical management and information systems, and ability to apply data processing technology for the clinical services areas.
- Knowledge of current evidenced based practice and research related to technology and its use in healthcare settings.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of clinical practices and principles.
- Knowledgeable of federal, and state medical record statues and regulations.
- Knowledgeable about Six Sigma/LEAN, Work-Out, and CAP (Change Acceleration Process) and their integration into current Sharp's clinical and operation quality initiatives.
- Strong Computer Skills. Proficient with Windows applications.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work on several complex issues at the same time.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present data at various audience levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professionalism and an ability to manage stressful situations in a manner that is conducive to finding resolution.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; Master's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Explore our locationsView locations
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community