IT Contracts/Vendor Mgmt Admin - 3677
- Ruffin Road
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Leads Information Technology contracting and vendor relationship processes on behalf of Sharp HealthCare's CIO; provides professional competency in vendor contract engagements from planning and drafting through termination; develops program for vendor engagement; performs in compliance with relevant Sharp policies; and reconciliation to IT management. Resolves conflict or inquiries on all IT contracting matters. Retains currency of IT-relevant contracts templates, strategies and relationship to Sharp contracting standards. Proactive engagement of IT management across contracting, negotiation, vendor relationship, key contract anniversaries and IT strategies. Coordinates impact of Sharp contracting on IT operations through effective relationships with Sharp's Legal, Supply Chain and Business Development. Accountable to Sharp's CIO for all contract functions including: performance metrics, business analysis, governance support, compliance with policy and procedures, contract-relevant communications, and business case due diligence for technology investment and vendor contracts. Incorporates experience and knowledge to maximize contracting value delivered through IT, including engaging other Sharp leadership and contracting entities in IT-related contracts not strictly managed by or engaging the Sharp IT department.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Computer Science or a related field. Relevant experience in excess of ten years with proof of outside certification or training may be substituted.
- 10 Or More Years Experience including: management, supervision or leadership responsibilities; business management or operations; meeting management; negotiation; legal language; and experience with systems analysis, risk management, and information technologies. Research, compile, analyze, interpret and disseminate complex documents, legislation (where relevant) and policies. Seen as fundamental subject expert in their field in the organization with depth of experience.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) - Various-Employee provides certificate -REQUIRED
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant Studies.
- Contract Management
Facilitates and supports strategic direction regarding contracts planning for the Information Technology (IT) department.
Ensures successful planning and resolution of contracting strategies by effectively leading and managing department leadership expectations.
Employ negotiation techniques in developing service, hardware purchase, software license, support/maintenance, non-disclosure, HIPAA compliance (Business Associates), statements of work, milestones, payments, remote hosting, amendments/addendums and professional service agreements.
Serves as the liaison between IT technical teams, resource manager, non-Sharp organizations and non-IT departments to develop and implement appropriate IT contracting activities, or ascertain potential IT impact.
Works collaboratively with IT Leadership, entity leadership, senior staff, Sharp Legal department, Corporate Compliance and other Sharp leaders developing and implementing IT standards in contracts, and incorporating Sharp financial, compliance and legal requirements in IT contracts.
Maintain a common contracts database and soft-copy repository with reporting and communications for relevant contracts anniversaries.
Continuous improvement of contracting standards, processes, reporting and templates.
- Department resource
Demonstrates consistent and effective application of Contracts and Vendor Management techniques for IT projects.
Develops and maintains documentation for IT contracting processes.
Provides input into performance evaluations of IT leadership team.
Mentors leadership on effective contracts and vendor engagement.
Demonstrates content expertise regarding contracts management and IT business operations.
Provides support for IT RFI and RFP processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Other tasks or assignments as identified and required by direct Sharp management.
- Vendor management
Responsible for review and development of deliverables, service commitments and payment milestones from vendor contracts.
Implement vendor performance metrics to round-out vendor risk profile in Sharp systems.
Negotiation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with key IT vendors.
Engage vendors on behalf of IT management to resolve service, operations, or business concerns.
Draft memorandum or letters to IT vendors to instigate or correct an issue on behalf of IT management.
Point-of-Contact for contracting for IT vendors, developing a "partner" relationship with relevant vendor personnel.
Assess, track and report identified vendor risks during contracts engagement.
Involved in development of and recommendations to Sharp IT policies and procedures related to vendor engagements.
May engage in different Sharp initiatives, committees or workgroups on behalf of IT leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- This role requires extensive collaboration with senior leadership on all aspects of IT contracts, technology, business decisions, risks, operations, governance, and strategic planning.
- Ability to work effectively with Sharp management, staff, and vendors; communicate accurately and effectively with people, verbally and in writing; achieve results in support of Sharp with and through people; and practice good time management.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, leadership qualities, be a good communicator and effective team player.
- Must be skilled at conducting presentations to senior and executive management; must be able to develop project plans and monitor progress to the plans. Interprets and implements Sharp policies and procedures related to financial commitments, contracting, and in relation to IT services.
- Thorough knowledge of IT principles and practices, as applied to process development, contracting, financial commitments and department planning.
- Evaluate and optimize risk mitigation in contracting and vendor engagements.
- Excellent analytical abilities and solution development.
- Maintains current knowledge of contracting standards to ensure correct and consistent application across all IT initiatives.
- Exercise discretion in handling sensitive information and negotiated contract pricing.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) - Various-Employee provides certificate; Bachelor's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community