IT Security Analyst I, Staffing Resource Network
Job ID: 109552 Date posted: April 27, 2021
- Sharp HealthCare
- Staffing Resource Network
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The mission of the Information Security Office is to identify, assess, manage and investigate risks potentially impacting the patients, providers and workforce of Sharp HealthCare. This position provides the opportunity to work in a strong, creative team environment with other information security professionals on complex and rewarding projects that positively impact the entire system.
IT Security Analyst I is an entry level position in the Information Technology Risk Management (ITRM) department that assists with: risk assessments of Sharp HealthCare’s infrastructure, applications, services, and processes; the development and implementation of policies and minimum security standards; and implementation and monitoring of security controls throughout Sharp HealthCare’s enterprise. In case of a security breach or directed insider threat, IT Security Analyst I assists with incident response and investigative activities as necessary.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, area of San Diego.
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
This position requires some weekend and evening assignments as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field:Computer Science or Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering
- Ability to develop moderately complex applications utilizing common languages such as Java, Python, C, or C++, or develop automation scripts utilizing languages such as PowerShell
- Must have excellent customer service skills, and be a good communicator and team player.
- Must effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and vendors; to communicate accurately and effectively with people, verbally and in writing; to achieve results for the organization with and through people; to practice good time management and to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong expertise in IT security principles and best practices, as applied to distributed systems, local area networks, clinical application systems, telecommunications, mobile devices and other IT disciplines.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- CISSP,or CISA certification
- Solid understanding of the legal, ethical, managerial and organizational principles and standards for acute care hospitals and multi-facility health systems in California
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole