Labor Relations Specialist, HR OperationsJob ID 85361 Date posted 01/12/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: HR Operations
- Category: Human Resources Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational and Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, Behavioral Sciences, Business Administration or related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in labor relations including contract interpretation, may participate in grievance investigation and handling, arbitration and daily activities related to assuring positive union management relations.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, reporting analysis and automated systems.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
The Labor Relations Specialist plans, directs, and administers the labor relations program for Sharp HealthCare. Has primary responsibility for the administration and interpretation of collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Serves as a representative and advocate in dealings with labor relations, and resource to Human Resources Operations. Ensures compliance with Sharp HealthCare's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
The Human Resources department supports the corporate client areas in all of their human resources needs. The Labor Relations Specialist is part of the Human Resources department with Sharp System Services. The Human Resources (HR) division provides workforce management for the Sharp HealthCare system. HR services provided are operational support at each entity, system wide recruitment, compensation and benefits evaluation, benefits administration, environmental health and safety, employee occupational health, employee assistance program, modified duty, workers’ compensation administration and management of the Staffing Resource Network (SRN). We are a group of HR professionals supporting Sharp HealthCare’s mission, vision and values through our dedicated work.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Human Resource Representative, HR Jobs, Sharp Jobs, HealthCare Jobs, San Diego Jobs, HR Management Jobs, Human Resources Management Jobs, HR Leadership Jobs, Labor Relations Jobs, Employee Relations Jobs, Arbitration Jobs