Lead Clinical Informatics/HIT
Job ID: 98388 Date posted: October 01, 2019
- SRS Administration
- SRS EMR
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Lead Clinical Informatics Provide on-going training and support to physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff in their use of Information Technology (EHR, Patient Portals, Cerner, GE/Centricity etc) and other clinical applications. Coordinate purposeful, daily communication and problem resolution to the clinical end-user of the clinical information systems.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour -Day shift; Weekends and on Call as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a clinical or process re-design field such as Clinical Informatics, Management Engineering, Nursing,Allied Health, Business Administration, Health Care Administration or Education Course development
- Five (5) years of experience in a health system including supervisory or managerial responsibilities in conjunction with process analysis,work re-designs activities, as well as Health Information Management expertise
- Ability to effectively work with Sharp management, physicians, staff, and contract personnel
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with people, verbally and in writing
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people and to practice good time management and to demonstrate good leadership skills
- Driver's License
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/LEAN, Work-Out, and CAP (Change Acceleration Process) and their integration into current Sharp’s clinical and operation quality initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of the impact of process analysis and re-design methodologies on the legal, regulatory, ethical, managerial and organizational principles and standards for the acute general hospital/medical group/medical groups and health systems
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole