The Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist for Special Chemistry and Immunology at Sharp Copley Reference Lab will be in charge of pre-analytic and post-analytic testing in this area and coordinate human resource activities including training, scheduling, competencies and quality improvements with the system lab leadership/Laboratory supports training on both MLT and CLS interns.
The Sharp HealthCare Copley Laboratory is the centralized reference laboratory responsible for supporting the Sharp HealthCare system. The scope of services includes the Pathology Lab, Immunology, Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostic testing and is operational 24 hours per day/7 days per week. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm; including weekends as needed
This is a Full Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required for California CLS licensure
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- 5 or more years’ recent experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in one or more clinical departments
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable with technology
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities is essential
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- National Certification as MLS (ASCP) or MT (ASCP)
- ASCP Specialty Certification (SC)
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards experience
- Quality systems and test validation as a part of expanding operations experience
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Lab, CLS, MT, MLS, Special Chemistry, Immunology, Immunochemistry, Leadership, Supervisor, Supervisory experience, Regulatory, Compliance, Accreditation experience