The Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist for Transfusion Medicine provides the technical knowledge, expertise and judgment required to support the Sharp HealthCare (SHC) mission and scope of laboratory services.
This is a full service laboratory in a large tertiary care hospital. Services include trauma, cardio surgery cardiac, kidney and pancreas transplant program, Women's and Children's, Behavioral Health, Cancer Center and Outpatient Surgery services. The clinical lab supports all service lines on the campus and provides clinical lab outreach services to the community, including all other Sharp Healthcare Hospitals and Clinics.
Sharp Memorial Hospital, the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms, is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time (1.0) Position. 8-hour variable day shift; including weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required for California CLS licensure
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- 5 or more years’ recent experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in Blood Bank
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable with technology
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities is essential
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- National Certification as MLS (ASCP) or MT (ASCP)
- ASCP Specialty Certification (SC, SH, SBB, SCYM)
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: MLS, CLS, MT, medical lab scientist, medical technologist, clinical lab scientist, BB, transfusion, blood bank, lead, supervisor