Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital 5West Transplant PCU
Job ID: 103825 Date posted: July 30, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Medical PCU (5W)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen your horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
5-West is a 32-bed Medical Transplant Progressive Care Unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit provides patient-focused, family-centered quality care by promoting clinical excellence and improving quality of life. 5-West is a specialty unit caring for heart, kidney and pancreas transplant patients, cardiac mechanical assist device patients as well as patients requiring mechanical ventilation. All members of our inter-disciplinary professional team demonstrate characteristics that transform the work force culture at Sharp Memorial Hospital and because of these exceptional people; we are making a difference for patients, families, physicians and co-workers.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology. Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full-time (0.9), Night shift, 12-hour shift 1900 - 0730 PM; every other week-end
- Graduate of RN Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years recent pertinent Medical PCU and/or Surgical PCU and/or ICU clinical experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Direct Patient Care experience of the Transplant patient population
- Current RN Leadership experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole