Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital 7South Stroke unit
Job ID: 96255 Date posted: June 12, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Med/Surg (7S)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen one's horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
A new 19 bed Acute Care Unit, 7 South, provides the unique opportunity to participate in unit culture and practice pattern development while caring for a variety of medical and surgical inpatients. With emphasis on a team-oriented approach, innovation, and laughter, this staff takes great pride in the unit’s growth, cohesiveness, and excellent outcomes while creating a dynamic environment for healing and holistic care.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 Employee Referral Bonus
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a relocation bonus
Full-time (0.9), Night shift, 12-hour shift: 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM; every other weekend
- Graduate of RN Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years recent pertinent clinical experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current Charge Nurse/Lead RN Leadership experience: Stroke/Neuro
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview. Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole