Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital Acute Care 5North
Job ID: 103866 Date posted: August 03, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Medical/Surgical (5N)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen your horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
Specializing in the Acute Care medical population, particularly those requiring diabetic, renal, cardiac monitoring, and respiratory support, 5 North also provides care for the continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and readmitted long-term kidney transplant patients. Fostering professional growth opportunities is a hallmark of this unit: over 65% have achieved professional specialty certification; many have embraced opportunities to participate in unit, hospital, and system initiatives and/or grown into further leadership roles. Frontline team members have presented project results at both local and national conferences.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology. Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full time (0.9); Night Shift; 12-hour shift: 1900 – 0730; every other weekend; scheduling will be discussed during the interview
Please include in your cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position?
- Why are you interested in working at Sharp Memorial Hospital?
What is your definition of Leadership, how have you demonstrated leadership and why do you feel it is important?
- Graduate Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years recent pertinent Acute Care Medical Surgical RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current RN Leadership experience
- Preceptor experience
- Direct patient care experience of the Acute Care Medical patient population
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole