Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital Acute Care 6N Surgical unit
Job ID: 103250 Date posted: July 07, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- M/S Surgical Acute (6N)
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen your horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
6 North is 32 bed Surgical Acute Care unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit cares for general surgical patients including neuro surgeries, general urologic surgeries, bariatric surgeries and mandibular surgeries. This is a dynamic surgical unit where we pride ourselves in taking care of the whole person –mind, body and spirit in a healing and safe environment.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology. Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Day Shift; Full time (0.9); 12-hour shift: 0700 - 1930; every other week-end
- Graduate of RN Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years recent pertinent clinical experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Leadership experience
- Administrative/Supervisor Nurse experience
- Clinical Content expert
- Mentoring experience
- Teaching experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole