Lead Clinical Nurse - RN, SICU, Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 94491 Date posted: March 14, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- SICU (2W)
- Nursing Management Jobs
- Night Job
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
- Night Job
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- SICU (2W)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
Looking for a leader with strong communication skills, able to work with a variety of people and patients. Coordinate shift operations in the Surgical ICU, overseeing the care of 24 patients. Identify clinical learning needs of staff and assures learning is achieved. Responsible for staff evaluations. Quarterly Leadership training for all leaders. Many opportunities for growth. Fast paced exciting SICU. Patient population includes post cardiac surgery including mechanical circulatory support( ie. LVAD,RVAD, IABP, CPS), cardiac transplants (initial post op phase), Level II Trauma center, Neuro patients (Camino, ventric, licox), general surgical, and CRRT/SLED, computerized charting system. Provide code team RN and rapid response RN.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Sharp Memorial Hospital is an intense and fast moving 24-bed unit. Our primary patient populations are cardiac surgical, major trauma and complex general surgical. We also provide care for a number of patients with a variety of different mechanical assist devices. We pride ourselves in being the best place to work, for patients to receive care and for physicians to bring their patients. The SICU achieved “Silver Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three to five years current adult Medical/Surgical Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Team building experience
- Demonstrates advanced competencies in all areas of the unit skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills, which allow the nurse to positively influence the practice of others
- Demonstrates expert nursing principles that directly result in improved outcomes as assessed by patients, family, physicians and staff
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively participate on a high functioning Leadership team and engage in and consistently demonstrate the Sharp Healthcare Leadership behavior standards
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
- Current NIHSS certification
- Leadership experience
- Preceptor experience
- Current critical care experience in a multi-specialty unit to include: trauma, neurosurgery, and cardiovascular surgery
- Demonstrates ability to care for patients with devices including: ECMO, LVAD, and Impella
Great people, exciting opportunities
“Sharp's commitment to being the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care — essentially to be excellent in every way — is really attractive to me. I have the resources, support and training that I need to be the best nurse I can be.”— Mike, Advanced Clinician, Emergency Department, Sharp Memorial Hospital
“No matter where you work [at] Sharp, you’ll be surrounded by a team of people who want to provide the best care for the communities we serve. You’ll be supported every step of the way in your journey to find the best way you can help others.”— Erica, RN, Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
“I love serving my community and having the opportunity to make a difference, especially within my unit. Sharp HealthCare allows me to have the unique opportunity of making a difference in how a patient and their loved ones manage the journey of their illness.”— Dee, RN, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center