Lead Clinical Nurse - RN
Job ID: 100293 Date posted: January 13, 2020
- Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- Surgery Service
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position is for a Clinical Lead to join the team at the Out Patient Pavilion. This Clinical Lead will be coordinating the Pre-Op aspect of the Surgery Center.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgeries in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour day shift; variable shift hours 6:00 am – 2:30 pm or 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, depending on needs of the department
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Minimum of 2 years recent pre-op or related clinical and leadership experience
- Minimum of 2 years recent PACU experience
- Critical thinking skills, clinical skills and professional accountability
- Must be willing to float to PACU if needed
- Must be a self-directed, multi-skilled worker able to multi-task in a high volume fast-paced environment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong customer service skills with all customers
- 2-years recent pre-op clinical and leadership experience in a large multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center setting
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole