Lead Clinical Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76030 Date posted 09/15/2016
Requisition ID: 76030
- Facility: Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Surgery Service
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Full-Time; 8-hour variable shift; variable shift hours, depending on needs of the department
- Current California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS, ACLS certification
- 2-years recent pre-op or related clinical and leadership experience
- 2-years recent PACU experience
- Critical thinking skills, clinical skills and professional accountability
- Must be willing to float to PACU if needed
- Must be a self-directed, multi-skilled worker able to multi-task in a high volume fast-paced environment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong customer service skills with all customers
- 2-years recent pre-op clinical and leadership experience in a large multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center setting
This position is for a Clinical Lead to join the team at the Out Patient Pavilion. This Clinical Lead will be coordinating the Pre-Op aspect of the Surgery Center.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgeries in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse Lead-RN, Preop/PACU