Lead Registered Nurse - Population Health Clinical Quality, SCMG
Job ID: 98002 Date posted: September 12, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- SHC SCMG Quality Assurance
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
In collaboration with the Manager of Population Health – Clinical Quality Performance and the Medical Director of Population Health Management, this Lead RN position will provide effective coordination of Sharp Community Medical Group’s improvement strategies related to population health and quality performance metrics as measured by our contracted health plans. The Lead RN position coordinates the implementation and education materials to both providers and members. The position will provide oversight and leadership to the rest of the team. The position will be a key lead for implementation and coordination of all tasks and strategies for SCMG’s self-reporting initiatives to contracted health plans or their intermediaries.
This Lead RN – Population Health Clinical Quality position is with the Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG). SCMG is an association of private practice primary care physicians and specialists who practice in their own private offices located conveniently throughout San Diego County. Established in 1989, Sharp Community Medical Group network includes over 800 primary care and specialty physicians who currently provide care to more than 350,000 patients each year. SCMG is the largest network of private practice doctors in San Diego.
Sharp Community Medical Group is part of Sharp System Services (SSS). Sharp System Services has campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include Case Management, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Position requires travel between Sharp facilities and Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) offices and employee must provide own transportation
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor’s Degree
- California Driver’s license and adequate insurance
- Three (3) years of experience in a health care setting
- Experience in the successful design, implementation and completion of interdepartmental project management
- Knowledge and experience in physician organizations including familiarity with quality improvement, utilization management, and disease management
- Experienced in reading and interpreting health plan contracts addressing incentive programs, program specifications, etc.
- Experience in reading and interpreting documents addressing clinical quality performance metrics such as VBP4P, CMS, NCQA, HEDIS, P4P, Medicare Stars, etc.
- Experience with public speaking, communicating and presenting data in a clear and understandable manner to clinicians and staff
- Understanding of the ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Computer skills must include experience with electronic mail, electronic health records, word processing, excel spreadsheets and database programs
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience in quality incentive programs
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: 98002, 95283, 94203, 93206
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole