Lead Registered Nurse - RN - Primary/SpecialtySend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77337 Date posted 11/17/2016
Requisition ID: 77337
- Facility: SRS Central San Diego Admin
- City: San Diego
- Department: Otolaryngology
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in San Diego, San Diego County
Full-time, 8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA RN license
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum two (2) years RN work experience
- Previous medical/surgical and/or varied ambulatory care clinical experience
- Previous experience in Otolaryngology and/or Urology
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Leadership experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
The Lead RN will oversee nurses and receptionists in the Otolaryngology and Urology departments, working with the Manager and Patient Care Supervisor to offer high quality services that exceed patient expectations. Assists patients, staff and providers as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to a designated patient population. Works closely with supervisor on coordinating operations of the Otolaryngology and Urology departments. Provides direct patient care and assists with triaging a high volume of calls in the clinical setting. Acts as a patient and employee advocate, works cooperatively with physicians and assures communications with and among staff and managers in accordance with the Sharp Rees-Stealy mission and goals statements.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
- Alternates walking, standing, and sitting throughout the day.
- Assist patients with preparation for examination.
- Transfer medium to large patients, up to 200 pounds, to and from wheelchair and exam table.
- Sits at computer terminal and uses keyboard 4-6 hrs/day w/repetitive wrist motion.
- Operates medical equipment which involves manual dexterity.
- Reads handwritten and printed text.
- Reaches overhead.
- Lifts up to 25 lbs. medical supplies, charts and equipment.
- Uses telephone regularly.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone.
Additional physical requirements may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Lead, RN, clinic, ambulatory, medical/surgical, med/surg, otolaryngology, ENT, urology