Lead Senior Financial Analyst will collaborate with the Director of Finance to provide daily work direction to the Finance staff to achieve organizational objectives and execute financial reporting and analysis. The position is accountable for coordinating and maintaining quality financial analysis, business development, and statistical analysis to support recommendations for improved entity operations. Position manages and coordinates the five year plan, operating, and capital budget process, and assists with strategic planning for assigned entities. Position also responsible for month end financial reporting, statistics, board reports, productivity, and oversight of the annual operating and capital budget for assigned entities. Responsible for the development, coordination, and administration of all key processes and reporting systems to support the entity’s operational, financial, business, and strategic objectives.
Financial Analysis and Budget Preparation for integrated campus consisting of 4 hospitals, outpatient services, and home health care.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s large and modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp HealthCare is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender
status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status or any other protected
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Full Time - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in financial management, business administration and/or accounting
- Minimum of three (3) years of advanced level of financial hospital or healthcare experience
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills in financial management within hospitals and/or healthcare delivery systems
- Must have operational experience in financial accounting and reporting, budgeting and planning, financial modeling, analysis of complex business and financial scenarios, productivity monitoring, and revenue reimbursement
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and strong customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skills are essential
- Demonstrated track record in effectively developing, interfacing and maintaining collaborative relationships with healthcare/operating entity leadership, executives, physicians and other key business partners
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound judgment on financial decisions, which affect the operating entity
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Supervisory experience