This Lead Sterile Processing Tech position will acts as liaison between the Sterile Processing Distribution (SDP) team and all nursing units. This Lead Sterile Processing Tech role will ensures the processing and distribution of all instruments and supplies required throughout the hospital in collaboration with Materials Management and other staff. The Lead SPD Tech will also supervise Sterile Processing team members.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full Time - Day position
6:00am - 2:30pm
Weekends as needed
On call requirement
- Current Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Five years Sterile Processing or Operating Room experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, surgical technique, and surgical instruments
- Knowledge and ability of decontamination and sterilization process for instrumentation and equipment
- Graduate from an accredited sterile processing – central service technology program
- High School diploma or equivalent
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.