Licensed Vocational Nurse - Family Practice
Job ID: 101795 Date posted: March 23, 2020
- SRS Rancho Bernardo
- Family Practice
- LVN Jobs
- Day Job
This position will serve as a Resource Nurse for our Family Practice and Internal Medicine Departments.
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides primary and specially nursing care to our patient population. LVN Nurses will escort patients to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Family Practice consists of 52 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 9 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, with 22 locations offering services such as primary and specialty care, laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, pharmacy and urgent care.
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical area
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Family Practice/Family Medicine position
- Internal Medicine position
- Ambulatory Care/Physician office experience
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”