Licensed Vocational Nurse - General Surgery
Job ID: 107472 Date posted: January 21, 2021
- SRS Frost Street 8010
- General Surgery
- LVN Jobs
- Day Job
The position will be working with our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team in our General Surgery Department at our Frost Street medical office. LVN Nurses will be escorting patients to their exam rooms, preparing patients for their exams, assisting with minor surgical procedures and sterilizing instruments.
LVN Nurses will also coordinate and schedule surgical procedures, document patient care and medication administration in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS certification for Healthcare Providers)
- General Surgery/Medical Surgical experience
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical settings
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system Strong computer and typing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Current ACLS certification
- Current IV certification
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”