Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN - Urgent Care
Job ID: 95102 Date posted: April 15, 2019
- SRS Central Downtown
- Urgent Care
- LVN Jobs
- Per Diem
The LVN will be part of a team who will care for multiple types of patients; pediatrics, geriatrics, cardiac and mild trauma.
The Department of Urgent Care consists of 4 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 5 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Chula Vista, Downtown, La Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and Sorrento Mesa).
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
This position is located in Downtown San Diego, San Diego County
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman school
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) licensure
- Current IV certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- One year LVN experience in related clinical area
- Acute Care, Urgent Care, or Emergency Room experience
- Ambulatory Care/Physician office experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent customer service skills, assessment and communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, be flexible, and stay very organized in a fast paced work environment
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”