Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77384 Date posted 11/21/2016
Requisition ID: 77384
- Facility: SRS Scripps Ranch
- City: San Diego
- Department: Dermatology
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
The position is located in Scripps Ranch, North San Diego County
Full time, 8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ambulatory care experience
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be flexible and very organized
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Dermatology experience
The LVN for Dermatology will primarily be working to maintain patient flow, prepare patients for their office visit, administer medications, return patient phone calls and completing quality assurance assignments. This position will assist with minor surgical procedures and sterilze instruments. We are seeking an enthusiastic team-player with a focus on great customer service.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Dermatology consists of 13 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 7 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, Downtown,La Mesa-West, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Dermatology, Physician Office, Ambulatory Care