Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 84388 Date posted 11/15/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: SHC Health Management
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position will travel to different worksites in San Diego County. Reliable transportation between worksites required
Per Diem position - approximately 16-20 hours per week
Shifts from 4-8 hours
Some evenings as late as 8pm required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing - LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS certification) for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to three years LVN experience in a related clinical setting
- Ambulatory care experience
- Proficient at blood pressures
- Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Finger stick experience
- Venipuncture skills strongly preferred
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides primary and specially nursing care to our patient population. LVN Nurses will assist patients in the medically supervised weight management program and also participate in worksite screenings that included biometric testing such as blood pressure, height, weight, finger stick cholesterol and glucose. LVN Nurses will be reviewing health risk factor and discussing with patients steps to establishing a healthy lifestyle.
Sharp Weight Management provides classes and programs throughout San Diego County. Staff include health educators, registered dietitians, registered nurses and administrative support staff.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Corpsman, Primary Care, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs, Health, Promotion, Screening, Weight Management