Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 84181 Date posted 11/16/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psych Acute-Open Unit -EWII
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Night shift position - 11:00pm - 7:30am
Including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent acute care experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year experience in a psychiatric setting
- Experience in a chemical dependency recovery unit
The LVN role is an integral part of our team and will provide individualized nursing care for patients/families under the direction of a registered nurse.
The Psych Acute East Wing II is a 34 bed unit at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. This unit provides inpatient care services to the adult population with psychiatric disorders including Mode Disorder, Major Depression, Panic Disorder and Schizophrenia. This unit offers cognitive based patient education tracks where staff is involved in individual and group education. Strong team with low unit turn-over and works together to provide outstanding patient care.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 158 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 300 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1995, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nursing, Acute Care, Behavioral Health, Psychiatric, Mental Health, Healthcare, Chemical, Dependency, Recovery