Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 85259 Date posted 01/10/2018
- Facility: SRS Frost Street 8010
- City: San Diego
- Department: General Surgery
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 6:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
10 hour shift – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS certification for Healthcare Providers)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- General Surgery/Medical Surgical experience
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical settings
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system Strong computer and typing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Current ACLS certification
- Current IV certification
The position will be working with our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team in our General Surgery Department at our Frost Street medical office. LVN Nurses will be escorting patients to their exam rooms, preparing patients for their exams, assisting with minor surgical procedures and sterilizing instruments.
LVN Nurses will also coordinate and schedule surgical procedures, document patient care and medication administration in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Surgery consists of 8 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and offers services at 4 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Frost Street, Genesee, La Mesa, and Otay Ranch).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Corpsman, Surgery, Surgical, Primary Care, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs