Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 86131 Date posted 02/14/2018
- Facility: SRS Rancho Bernardo
- City: San Diego
- Department: Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
The position is located in Rancho Bernardo North San Diego County
8:00am - 5:00pm - Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Labor & Delivery and/or OBGYN experience
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- One to three years LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse experience in a related clinical setting.
- Knowledge of sterile technique
- Excellent communication skills, flexible, and strong sense of team work
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing OBGYN team provides specialty nursing care to our patient population, maintains patient flow and obstetrical files. OBGYN LVN Nurses will escort patients to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, assist with procedures, and perform NST's. Our Licensed Vocational Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Department of OBGYN consists of 19 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 7 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, San Diego, Rancho Bernardo, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Obstetrics/Gynecology, OB/GYN, OBGYN, Physician Office, Ambulatory Care, Surgery, Healthcare, LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nurse jobs, San Diego OBGYN jobs