Licensed Vocational Nurse - Neurology
Job ID: 97268 Date posted: August 06, 2019
- SRS Central Downtown
- LVN Jobs
- Day Job
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides specially nursing care to our patient population. LVN Nurses will escort patients to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The department of Neurology consists of 8 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 7 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, Downtown San Diego, La Mesa, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Downtown San Diego, San Diego County
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Neurology experience
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical area
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”