This is an opportunity to work in a busy, fast paced Pediatrics clinic with a great nursing team. LVN Nurses will escort patients and their to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Department of Pediatrics consists of 27 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our younger patients and is located at 8 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Carmel Valley, Del Mar, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem - Day position
8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) program/school or Navy Corpsman School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical area
- Pediatrics experience
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.