The Podiatry LVN role will be working with the Podiatry provider 3 days per week and supporting the Podiatry department the remaining 2 days. This role will be cross trained to other Podiatry sitesand surgery scheduling.
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides specially nursing care to our patient population. LVN Nurses will escort patients to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Podiatry consists of 7 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Downtown San Diego, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, Point Loma, Rancho Bernardo, and Sorrento Mesa)
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full time - Day shift
8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman school
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to three years LVN experience in a related clinical setting
- Podiatry experience
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be flexible and very organized
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.