Manager Central Pharmacy Services - Sharp HealthCare | Relocation Assistance Eligible
- Centralized Pharmacy
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:8-hour day
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Assumes overall leadership, direction and administrative responsibility for Sharp Central IV Admixture Pharmacy Service (CIAPS) which includes Sharp Home Infusion Services (SHIS) and Hospice Pharmacy (HP).
Key responsibilities include program development, business plan development, budgeting and staff development. Participates as a key leader within Sharp HealthCare to promote the effective use of IV admixture services, SHIS, and HP. Provides leadership and direction to Home Health and Hospice management teams to accomplish cost effective patient care that is accessible and of utmost quality. Responsible for ensuring compliance for all regulatory requirements for areas served.
- Bachelor's degree pursuant to licensure requirement.
- 3 years experience in a pharmacy management position.
- California Pharmacist License - CA State Board of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- PharmD degree
- 3 years management experience in a home infusion pharmacy.
- Responsible for the identification of customers' needs and key opportunities to enhance and integrate Central IV Admixture Service, SHIS and HS contribution to patient care. Responsible for the selection, development, implementation and maintenance of performance improvement programs, and ongoing outcomes analysis, Performance indicators are measurable, relevant, and are efficiently and reproducibly quantified.
- Provides services in compliance with all applicable JC chapters and standards, California Department of Health and State Board of pharmacy regulations.
Responsible for determining the needs of all customers served.
Obtains input of services provided via Patient, Physician and Employee satisfaction tools.
Uses formal measurements including the DMAIC model when formulating business plans and improvement actions.
- Responsible for the selection, development, implementation, outcomes analysis, reporting, and maintenance of selected improvement programs, including high risk improvement projects (FMEA), pharmacy quality assurance program and applicable National Patient Safety Goals.
Responsible for maintaining the quality of the admixture of compounded sterile products by demonstrating compliance with the USP 797 standards.
- Prepares annual operating budgets for all applicable cost centers and assumes overall accountability for the fiscal management CIAPS, SHIS, and HP.
Responsible for maintaining revenue streams and managing costs and expenses related to CIAPS, SHIS and HP.
Manages employee staffing and productivity according to budgetary guidelines.
Coordinates and implements contracting and marketing strategies within Sharp HealthCare and outside providers to maximize reimbursement opportunities.
Maintains expertise in regards to Managed Care providers, Medical Groups, CMS and MediCal programs as they relate to services provided.
Provides visionary leadership, effective coaching and supports the growth and development of staff. a.) Demonstrates cooperation, teamwork, initiative and flexibility toward the fulfillment of Sharp HealthCare goals relating to the Sharp Experience initiative
Responsible for maintaining employee satisfaction score as designated by Sharp HealthCare.
Provides and / or coordinates activities and skill sets relating to risk management, safety and infection control including staff education and maintaining staff competencies
Maintains employee turnover rates within the goals set by Sharp HealthCare.
- Plans, develops directs and implements Central IV admixture services, Home Infusion Services across the continuum of care.
Provides developmental and strategic planning, process and operational direction, and implementation strategies to successfully implement system-wide IV admixture support services to all Sharp HealthCare entities.
Demonstrates effective collaboration with Sharp Healthcare pharmacies and entity leadership teams leading to the successful implementation of system-wide IV admixture support services to all Sharp HealthCare entities , Sharp Hospice,
Provides Medical Groups with utilization data on a monthly basis.
Demonstrates effective collaboration with SHIS, HP, Sharp Home Health, Sharp Hospice, pharmacy departments to ensure that patient care needs and expectations are being met/exceeded.
Evaluates patient outcomes
Evaluates financial outcomes.
Optimizes systems operations by managing channels of influence, networking and effectively managing external relationships.
Provides Community Services as defined by Sharp HealthCare.
- Responsible for the role of “Administrator”, as defined by DHS, for the non-Medicare certified SHIS home health nursing agency.
Organizes and directs the agency’s ongoing functions; ensures availability of services.
Collaborates with the Director of Patient Care Services to employ qualified personnel, ensure orientation for new employees, provide in-service trainings, and oversee evaluation and supervision of personnel.
- Implements an effective budgeting and accounting system in conjunction with finance and administration.
Collaborates with the Director of Patient Care Services to ensure the implementation of staff meetings, clinical reviews, the PI process, Professional Advisory Committee meetings/annual program evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer skills are highly desirable, especially in the application of word processing, spreadsheet, and database creation and management.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classCalifornia Pharmacist License - CA State Board of Pharmacy; Other
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community