Manager Clinical Oncology Research/ Oncology Research/ Spectrum/ Day shift/ $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Frost Street Building
What You Will Do
This is a key position within the Sharp HealthCare Center for Research and one that is responsible for all activities associated with the conduction of oncology clinical trials and management of department staff. The manager is responsible for ensuring that all research activities are FDA/OHRP/Federal/State and SHC compliant. Additionally, the manager is responsible for providing support and oversight of the research activities of the oncology physician investigators conducting research.
$500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 Years of clinical trials and/or healthcare leadership experience.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) or
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC-ACRP) or
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP-SoCRA) or
- Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA)
- Master's Degree
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or equivalent
- Additional certifications in therapeutic area of department
Other Qualification Requirements
- ONS Oncology certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive oncology clinical knowledge required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clinical trials sponsors and contract research organizations (CROs).
- Meet all Sharp HealthCare, Oncology Service Line, and Center for Research, sponsor and CRO deadlines.
- Multitask and manage multiple projects, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands and priorities.
- Ability to understand and meet customers’ (sponsor, CRO, investigator, team member and colleague) needs and challenges and apply critical thinking and creative and logical approaches to identifying solutions.
- Appropriate attention to detail, organized, solution-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals and strengthen relationships to achieve best possible solutions.
- Strong leadership skills in building and facilitating work and team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Excel and spreadsheet analysis. Comfort with a variety of database applications.
- Ability to spend 8 hours sitting or standing at or near a desk and/or operating computer equipment and clearly hearing and speaking on the phone.
- Ability to use keys on a keyboard.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classBachelor's Degree; Master's Degree; Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.); Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) - The Association of Clinical Research Professionals; California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC-ACRP) - The Association of Clinical Research Professionals; Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP-SoCRA) - The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA)
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community