Manager, Community CONNECT Systems Training
Job ID: 97494 Date posted: August 15, 2019
- SCMG Phys. Practice Solutions
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) is one of the state's largest and most successful IPAs. Established in 1989, it has over 140,000 members and is comprised of 200 primary care physicians and 500 specialists. The Health Services division of SCMG coordinates the medical care of members for inpatient and outpatient services and has a staff of 80 nurses, coordinators and support personnel to manage utilization review, case management and quality improvement functions. Sharp Community doctors admit to all Sharp hospitals and Rady Children’s Hospital. In addition, Sharp Community patients have access to urgent care centers throughout the county.
Working under the Director of Business Systems, this position oversees the overall work effort of the Community CONNECT training department. Key responsibilities include:
- Training: Develop and manage the end user training aspects of Community CONNECT projects, in particular the transition to a Cerner Ambulatory platform and ongoing practice implementations. Specifically, for the transition to Cerner Ambulatory, identify the training and cutover support needs for the project, develop a comprehensive practice training and support plan, build and manage the appropriate team of training and support resources, and manage the end user training and support program.
- Optimization: Serve as the bridge between the practices, the Medical Groups, and the IS teams, to ensure systems are continually enhanced and improved to meet clinical and business requirements.
- Utilization: Serve as the bridge between the practices, the Medical Groups, and the IS teams, to ensure that systems are used effectively and provide direction to improve utilization.
- Team management: Prioritize, coordinate, evaluate, and improve the overall work effort of the assigned team. Positively resolve interpersonal conflicts between employees and their peers or clients.
The manager builds strong partnerships with clients (SharpCare Medical Group, Sharp Community Medical Group, independent physician practices associated with Sharp HealthCare, and independent physician practices associated with Palomar Hospital), Information Systems teams, and vendors. This position is responsible for directing the overall work effort of the Community CONNECT Training team. The candidate must be willing to travel and have a solid understanding of business operations within a clinical environment.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour day shift,
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Adult Education, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field
- Quality Improvement and/or Performance Improvement training
- Five (5) years of experience in a health care system that included supervisory or managerial responsibilities in conjunction with an ambulatory practice management/electronic health record system and software implementations
- Integral to the success of this position is positive interaction with physicians, staff, management, and the EHR Steering Committee to ensure effective management and momentum of implementation projects
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Presentation and group facilitation skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Adult Education, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field
- Knowledge and experience in adult learning, instructional design, and curriculum development techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in computer systems, process design, terminology, and various software applications
- Knowledge of clinical and business operations in an ambulatory care environment
- Knowledge of hospital and clinic culture, regulatory requirements (e.g., JCAHO), and health care requirements as it relates to information security and privacy (e.g., HIPAA)
- Knowledge of business process (workflow) documentation, business process redesign, software development lifecycles
Additional Physical Requirements will be discussed during the interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole