Manager Health Information Mgmt - Clinical CodingJob ID 81318 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: System Health Information Mgmt
- Category: Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shift with variable start times, weekends as needed
Must be flexible in schedules as per Department's needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- CCS certification
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) and current certification with AHIMA
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license or other means of transportation between facilities.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a Coder in an acute care hospital
- Proficient in use of ICD-10CM and CPT coding conventions, DRG assignment, and APC sequencing
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Title XXII, TJC and OSHPD, OIG Medicare and Medi-cal as pertinent to coding and medical record documentation
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, organized manner
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Accepts accountability and takes responsibility
- Thorough knowledge of various reimbursement methodologies including but not limited to Inpatient and Outpatient Prospective Payment.
- Thorough understanding of HIM regulatory and coding practices, official coding guidelines and federal regulations.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory role in a Health Information Management coding department
The Manager – HIM Clinical Coding oversees the daily operations of the centralized coding department for seven Sharp hospitals in a manner that encourages teamwork and high reliability to meet the mission and vision of Sharp HealthCare. The manager provides guidance to ensure accurate diagnosis and procedural coding for all hospital based encounters. The manager serves as a resource for HIM, revenue cycle leadership, coding staff, and clinical documentation specialists to achieve compliant coding and documentation standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements. The manager reviews records to ensure the accurate selection of the principal/primary diagnosis and procedures and any complicating conditions or major complicating conditions in accordance with ICD10 CM & PCS, AMA CPT4, Official Coding Guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic, AHIMA, and The Cooperating Parties. The manager is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of coding compliance for all regulatory agencies; and works collaboratively with corporate compliance and revenue cycle teams to address coding related denials. Prepares and tracks coding related appeals and reviews.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Must be able to articulate cleary
- Must be able to sit at a desk or computer terminal for up to 4-5 hours and use a keyboard and/or mouse
- Reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
May spend hours sitting at a desk, meeting table or computer terminal. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Calmly and professionally respond to frequent deadlines for clients and able to prepare work and presentations on short notice. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Clinical Coder, Coder Jobs, Sharp Jobs, healthcare jobs, Leadership Jobs, San Diego Jobs, California Jobs, Manager Jobs, Health Information Jobs