Manager Intensive Care Unit - Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 97347 Date posted: August 07, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- SICU (2W)
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Sharp Memorial Hospital is an intense and fast moving 24-bed unit. Our primary patient populations are cardiac surgical, major trauma and complex general surgical. We also provide care for a number of patients with a variety of different mechanical assist devices. We pride ourselves in being the best place to work, for patients to receive care and for physicians to bring their patients. The SICU achieved “Silver Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Applicant may be eligible for a relocation bonus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Five plus years as a Registered Nurse in critical care setting
- Two to three years recent related management or leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of professional nursing practice, including current trends and issues
- Knowledge of title 22 and Joint Commission standards and guidelines
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organization, management and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with entity and system projects, work teams and units
- Provide high quality customer service to all customers served
- Evidence of effective supervision and teaching
- Provides documented attendance in continuing education programs in area of clinical specialty and practice
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking, time management, and stress well in a high profile environment
- Must be flexible; demonstrate a dynamic, positive attitude and leadership style to effectively lead change
- Form relationships and partnerships with staff, physicians, patients, and leadership skills
- Provide high quality, empathetic care to every patient, every time
- Clinically competent, innovative, resourceful, and values upward professional development
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
- Specialty certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole