Manager Marketing and CommunicationsSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77345 Date posted 11/22/2016
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Marketing
- Category: Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Eight plus years’ experience in managing marketing functions in a health plan environment, including familiarity with strategic, creative and ROI processes
- Must interact assertively and effectively with others to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally, leading cross-functional teams, when necessary
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
- Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short term goal, immediate deadlines
- Solid creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Organized and skilled in project management
- Plans and creates strategies, tactics, activities and materials for the purpose of conveying the most positive marketing messaging to target markets
- Ensures that marketing materials position the company, its products, and services for high visibility and effectiveness with customers, partners, trade associations, outside vendors, and media audiences
- Works with the product development team to correctly position products by creating marketing messages appropriate for the targeted segments, including developing positioning and branding for future product releases
- Creates and executes detailed marketing plans to drive each product launch
- Develops the marketing plan to position, promote, and support each product throughout its cycle
- Works with sales team to plan and create marketing strategies, tactics, activities, and materials for the purpose of conveying the most positive marketing message to target markets
- Leads and manages the strategic/creative development and tracking of marketing activities including advertising content and media planning, direct response creation, sponsorship oversight, web content and events
- Participates in partnership marketing program with brokers and clients to expand sales opportunity for the product(s)
- Reviews and approves all communications to ensure that the messaging and branding is accurate and consistent
- Supervise Marketing Specialist and health promotion staff
- Strongly preferred experience in Healthcare industry
The Manager of Marketing and Communications provides analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership, makes formal marketing recommendations to leadership, and manages marketing teams. It is responsible for selecting, developing, evaluating, coaching, and advising direct reports. Primary Role is to be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all Marketing Communication and Advertising materials including federally required materials. Helps develop and implements comprehensive marketing plans and programs. Manages the advertising and promoting of marketing plan/programs across all media including digital and direct marketing. Responsible for coordinating the development and updating of all collateral including newsletters, employer/broker blasts, brochures, ads, direct mail, digital marketing and website pages. Develops and implements the annual marketing plan including Open Enrollment and year-long plans. Assists the provider communication plans and materials including print, fax and electronic plans. Continuously monitors the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans
Sharp Health Plan offers a variety of coverage options that combine affordability and choice, while delivering high quality health care and personal service. We provide health insurance for companies of all sizes throughout the region. Members have access to valuable plan enhancements, such as interactive wellness resources, dental discounts and our exclusive global emergency services program.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
keywords: marketing, advertising, strategic planning, direct marketing, digital, content, health insurance, health plan, media planning, account planner, strategic thinking