Manager Rehab Nursing
Job ID: 95696 Date posted: May 13, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Physical Acute Rehab
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Nursing Leader of the Physical Medicine Acute Rehabilitation department will have overall responsibility for coordination of patient care delivery, ensure quality patient outcomes, regulatory compliance, cost effective care delivery and overall internal and external customer satisfaction. An extraordinary candidate will be motivated to mentor, lead quality initiatives and manage day to day operations.
The manager has 24-hour accountability for ensuring the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of unit operations and outcomes. Key role responsibilities include:
- Leadership which fosters interdisciplinary team development and effective change management
- Clinical expertise and knowledge of title 22/JCAHO standards to promote high quality patient care delivery, evidence based nursing practice and regulatory compliance
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, and positive communication with staff, team members, physicians, patients and visitors
- Critical thinking and timely issue-resolutions skill demonstration in a high profile environment
- Resourceful, service focus approach to facilitate high quality, empathetic care to every person, every time
This position may be the next step in your professional practice if you are ready to foster collegial interdisciplinary relationships and have a positive attitude with a leadership style to effectively champion change initiatives.
This is a 30-bed Acute In-patient Rehabilitation Nursing Unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit is specializing in the comprehensive care of acute Traumatic Spinal Cord and Brain Injured patients and Stroke patients, Neurological Impaired patients as well as Cardiac Left Ventricular Assistive Device (LVAD) patients. The staff is not only proud and passionate about what they do, but they are committed to providing the highest quality care to their patients.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in San Diego, San Diego County, Sharp Metro campus
Applicants may be eligible for a relocation bonus
Full-Time; Day shift; 0800 – 1630; week-ends and on-call as needed
- Graduate of a Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nursing License
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years of related Management/Leadership experience
- Three years Physical Medicine Acute Rehabilitation Nursing experience
- Demonstrated clinical competence and positive leadership skills
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
- Certification Rehabilitation Nursing (CRRN)
Essential Physical requirements may be discussed at the time of interview. Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole