Marketing and Communications SpecialistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76654 Date posted 10/18/2016
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Marketing
- Category: Marketing Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
- Bachelor's degree with focus on marketing, communications, public relations, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years' experience in marketing communications within an agency or large regional organization encompassing multiple communications disciplines.
- Strong project management skills and experience managing diverse marketing projects, including but not limited to printed collateral and email marketing.
- Previous experience with content development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledgeable about health plans and healthcare
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and influence others
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively lead and manage cross-functional teams, agencies, and external vendor partners
- Continually builds knowledge and seeks innovations
- Ability to create clarity and drive decsion-making when dealing with ambiguity
- Previous health plan and/or healthcare experience
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting the Manager of Marketing and Communications in the planning and implementation of integrated marketing and communications initiatives in support of the organization's business and marketing goals. Please note that this is a temporary position that is scheduled to last several months. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: production of marketing collateral for entity and product lines; implementation of media relations; implementation of special events, community events, and other outreach activities for Sharp Health Plan; writing for various internal and external communications vehicles, including press releases, newsletters, employee publications, and Web site;budget coordination and invoice reconciliation; project tracking and coordination.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marketing, Communications, Health Plans, Public Relations.