Marketing and Communications SpecialistJob ID 84672 Date posted 12/02/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Business Development
- Category: Marketing Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Experience
High school diploma
- Two to three years’ experience in marketing communications within an agency or large regional organization encompassing multiple communications disciplines, including media relations
- Previous experience with content development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with focus on marketing, communications, public relations, or equivalent work experience
- Previous healthcare experience
We are currently in search of a Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Department at Sharp Health Plan. This individual will be responsible for helping to shape and manage Sharp Health Plan’s voice across all internal and external communications.
A day in the life of a Marketing Specialist at Sharp Health Plan will include:
External Communications & Correspondence
- Assists with writing and copy editing Plan communications and correspondence
- Project manages communication timelines, deadlines and deliverables
- Oversees fulfillment of Plan communications and correspondence
- Ensures consistency with Sharp Health Plan, Sharp HealthCare and AP style guidelines
- Oversees communication translations into other languages as needed
Internal Communications & Employee Engagement
- Oversees all Sharp Health Plan News emails
- Writes and copy edits internal announcements and executive communications
- Manages employee of the month award and staff announcements
- Collects, answers and shares quarterly askSHP communications
- Sources, complies and sends Daily Reflections
Content Marketing, Email Marketing & Social Media
- Helps develop, manage and execute content marketing calendar
- Writes and copy edits content, and manages content calendar for member newsletters
- Oversees content development and execution of broker and employer email blasts
- Manages content development and execution of monthly health observance email blasts
- Develops social media content calendars, and manages daily monitoring of key accounts
- Writes articles and manages deadlines for Experience Sharp and Sharp Health Plan News
- Pitches story ideas and writes articles for local media and third party trade publications
- Oversees the syndication of paid and earned media across all Sharp Health Plan channels
- Monitors news relating to the company and its brand, and responds to media inquiries
- Writes press releases for local and national media
- Manages Sharp Health Plan award submissions
- Proofreads and copy edits content to ensure accuracy
- Checks spelling, punctuation and grammar and typographical errors
- Flags inconsistencies and offers suggestions to fix awkward and unclear language
- Helps maintain and manage messaging to meet strategic goals and brand standards
- Researches issues related to content as needed
- Tracks projects and deadlines
- Helps with department reporting
- Maintains communication cost center invoices
- Documents and maintains communication P&Ps and department workflows
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned
This might be the job for you if:
- You are an excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- You are a master of words who can write with a consistent voice across multiple mediums
- You are equally skilled at writing and copy editing
- You have a knack for taking complex ideas and making them easy to understand
- You are a self-starter who can take ideas and flush them out into fully conceptualized pieces
- You thrive in fast-paced environments with multiple deadlines and deliverables
- You are a team player who enjoys working with cross-functional teams
Here's what Sharp Health Plan has to offer you:
Sharp Health Plan is the largest, locally-based commercial health plan in San Diego. We are a not-for-profit organization serving the needs of San Diegans since 1992. As a subsidiary of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego’s largest provider of health care services, we not only serve the people of San Diego, we are the people of San Diego.
Through our unique integration with Sharp HealthCare, we connect our members to an award-winning network of hospitals, medical groups and physicians. We offer health insurance options for individuals, families, groups and businesses that combine affordability, choice, high-quality health care and personal service.
Sharp Health Plan is the highest member-rated Health Plan among reporting California Health Plans.* We're also accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) with a status of Commendable which is awarded to organizations with well-established programs for service and clinical quality. We continually strive to improve the quality of our services and benefits, and seek innovative solutions to today’s complex health care issues. From helping you find the right health plan to the right doctor to being a great place to work, we’re here for you!
If you like the sound of what it means to be a Sharp Health Plan team member, and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume along with a brief explanation about why you would be a good fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
*The source for this data is Quality Compass® 2016 and is used with the permission of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Quality Compass® 2016 includes certain CAHPS® data. Any data display, analysis, interpretation, or conclusion based on these data is solely that of the authors, and NCQA specifically disclaims responsibility for any such display, analysis, interpretation, or conclusion. Quality Compass® is a registered trademark of NCQA. CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Sharp Health Plan achieved the following summary ratings: 79.65 for Rating of the Health Plan compared to the state average of 69.82, 82.26 for Rating of Health Care compared to the state average of 74.4; 86.02 for Rating of Personal MD compared to the state average of 79.95; and 87.89 for Rating of Specialist compared to the state average of 79.81.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Incumbent spends approximately 4-6 hours per day sitting at desk, entering data on computer terminal and talking on telephone. Incumbent spends approximately 1-2 hours per day walking between Plan departments. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Must be able to meet frequent deadlines and tight schedules. Must be able to lift 5 – 20 pounds, primarily paper reports and filing.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Content Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Specialist, Project Management, Editing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media, PR