The Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed in Outpatient Access Services provides phone and in-person mental health assessment and triage. In addition, the Marriage and Family Therapist will be a part of an interdisciplinary team providing diagnosis, treatment, case management and, at times, crisis intervention for patients with a wide range of mental health problems.
Sharp Mesa Vista Outpatient Services include adult partial-hospital and intensive outpatient programs at the hospital and two satellite locations in San Diego County. For more than 40 years, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital has been a center of excellence, providing diagnosis, management and treatment of mental health, eating disorders and addictive disorders to the San Diego community. The entire staff is deeply committed to eliminating stigma and to promoting the fullest recovery for every person.
Mesa Vista Outpatient programs provide group, individual, and family therapy for patients in the Outpatient Services at Mesa Vista Hospital, including satellite facilities. Assesses and evaluates the psychosocial needs of the patient and family to determine appropriate program, and recommendations for treatment goals and interventions.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
5, 6 or 8-hour day shift; no weekends
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT )
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three years' recent experience in a behavioral health setting
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management
- Ability to coordinate new admissions with multiple programs across outpatient services
- Excellent phone skills and in person assessment skills
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT, licensed, outpatient, psychology, counseling, therapy, treatment, intake, assessment