Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Adult Outpatient Services, SMVH
Job ID: 98520 Date posted: October 09, 2019
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
The Marriage and Family Therapist - Licensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
Outpatient Services is an interdisciplinary team that provides care and treatment to adults with serious mental illness. The position requires the ability to perform a multitude of clinical duties, including patient education, case management, treatment planning and group therapy. Successful candidate must have a strong ability to develop positive working relationships with physicians, treatment team and other departments, to manage significant electronic documentation, and be responsive to the needs of the patients served.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift shift:8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
This is a Part Time (.8) Position: 64 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current unencumbered State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills