The Marriage and Family Therapist - Licensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
The Dual Recovery Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital treat patients with co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders. The program involves a combination of psycho-educational and behavioral treatment approaches and integrates treatment for both chemical dependency and mental health issues. Clinicians are cross-trained in the principles of mental health and addiction. Different levels of treatment accommodate the individual needs of the dually diagnosed patients. A team of highly dedicated professionals to provide the highest quality patient care.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Evening shift; varying hours and days per week Monday - Friday; no weekends
This is a Part Time (.6) Position: 48 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Licensed Marriage and Family therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- One year employment experience providing evidence-based adult individual and group treatment as well as psychological assessments for dual substance recovery patients
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
- Experience with CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.