Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Psychology, SMVH
Job ID: 101493 Date posted: March 03, 2020
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
The Psychology Department at Sharp Mesa Vista (SMV) provides comprehensive clinical programming on all inpatient units, seven days per week. In collaboration with the unit psychologist, the weekend team provides behavioral/cognitive-behavioral therapy (mostly group, some individual) on Saturday and Sunday AND will work 4 to 6 hours on another weekday to ensure continuity with weekday programming and communication with weekday staff.
The current opening is for a therapist who will serve THREE units - the Child and Adolescent inpatient unit and two adult inpatient units (East Wing1&2).
This is part-time, benefitted position. The employee will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. They will have the option of cross training on other inpatient units, outpatient programs, intake, research, etc., with the potential to pick up additional hours (totaling no more than 40 hours per week) in areas where they have cross-trained (depending on staffing needs in those other units/programs/departments).
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, anxiety, thought disorders, substance abuse or other serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness. The Psychology Department at Sharp Mesa Vista is home to an APA-accredited internship in clinical psychology as well as training for advanced doctoral students from APA-accredited schools and postdoctoral fellowships.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- 20 hours per week with exact schedule to be negotiated based on unit/program needs
- Every Saturday and Sunday, 8 hour, day shift AND 4 hours on another weekday (depending on unit/program schedule)
- Might include additional hours on home unit/program or other units/programs, based on employee interest and unit/program needs (totaling up to 40 hours per week)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience
- Demonstrated competence using CBT, DBT, and/or ACT in a Psychiatric setting with youth AND adults
- Expertise in group therapy
- Expertise in one or both of the following
- Severe mental illness in adults
- Severe mental illness in children and adolescents
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LMFT, Marriage & Family Therapy, Therapist, Licensed, CBT, DBT, ACT, Psychology, Group Therapy, Individual Therapy, Adult, Child, Adolescent, Psychiatric, Inpatient, Behavioral Health
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”