Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Satellite Mid City, SMVH
Job ID: 98564 Date posted: October 08, 2019
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Satellite Mid City
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
The Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed will be a critical member of the multidisciplinary teams.The primary responsibilities will include conducting intake assessments, managing crises and safety planning, the development of the initial treatment plan as well as participating and presenting in weekly treatment team meetings.In addition, the candidate will facilitate group therapy where needed with various patient populations (Adults with severe mental illness including mood and thought disorder symptoms as well as Transitional Aged Youth managing mood and psychotic symptoms as well as substance use).Case management responsibilities may be added based upon program needs.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop therapeutic rapport quickly and engage patients in treatment through excellent customer service, a thorough assessment and case conceptualization and display the ability to communicate effectively within the multidisciplinary treatment team.
Adult Outpatient Services at the Mid City location is a highly intensive treatment program that treats both young adults in the Transitional Age Youth (TAY) program experiencing mood disorders, thought disorders and co-occurring mental health issues as well as adults managing more chronic symptoms of mental illness. Both programs offer a support therapeutic setting for patients experiencing significant disruption in daily living and takes a short term, group-oriented, modified cognitive-behavior approach. This position will be primarily responsible for treatment in the TAY program.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located at the Mid City satellite (near SDSU), San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00 am - 4: 30 pm; no weekends
This is a Part Time (.8) Position: 64 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current unencumbered State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Demonstrated competence in psychosocial assessment, case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Demonstrated competency in facilitation in group, individual, and family therapy
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional-development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Adults struggling with severe mental illness and/or substance use
- Experience with the TAY population
- Experience in an intensive outpatient mental health setting
- Expertise in CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marriage & Family Therapist, MFT, LMFT, adult outpatient, TAY, counseling, mental health, mental illness, intake, assessments, crisis intervention
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”