The Marriage and Family Therapist assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
Adult Outpatient Services is a highly intensive treatment program that treats older adults experiencing depression and anxiety and other mental health issues. The program offers a support therapeutic setting for patients experiencing significant disruption in daily living and takes a short term, group-oriented, modified cognitive-behavior approach.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Mid City, San Diego County
Variable day shift; no weekends
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited program
- Current State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- One year recent experience in a behavioral health setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with the TAY population
- Experience in an intensive outpatient mental health setting
- Three years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT, counseling, psychology, TAY, outpatient, Transitional Aged Youth, group, individual, licensed, therapy