The Marriage and Family Therapist - Unlicensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
Outpatient Services is an interdisciplinary team that provides care and treatment to adults with serious mental illness. The position requires the ability to perform a multitude of clinical duties, including patient education, case management, treatment planning and group therapy. Successful candidate must have a strong ability to develop positive working relationships with physicians, treatment team and other departments, to manage significant electronic documentation, and be responsive to the needs of the patients served. This is a fast-paced working environment and the candidate must demonstrate flexibility and effective teamwork in the provisions of clinical services.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County. This position will be primarily housed in the Adult Intensive Outpatient Program and may float throughout all of outpatient including satellite programs when needed one day per week.
Full-Time (1.0) Position. 8-hour day shift: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current Registration with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an intensive outpatient mental health setting
- Group therapy facilitation experience
- One year of acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
- Experience with CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: AMFT, unlicensed, therapist, BBS, adult, outpatient, group therapy, CBT, DBT, ACT, intensive outpatient