The Marriage and Family Therapist - Unlicensed assists patients and families with behavioral health and environmental resources to reach the maximum level of functioning during the current episode of care. This position is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy in the partial hospitalization and structured outpatient programs. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
The Eating Disorder Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital offers a partial hospitalization program for adults with anorexia and bulimia. This program uses therapeutic and psycho-educational modalities to treat the complex and long-term issues associated with eating disorders. Treatment goals include eliminating bingeing and purging behaviors, treating physical complications, decreasing body-image distortion, increasing body acceptance and developing healthy coping techniques. The eating disorder interdisciplinary treatment team includes specialists in psychiatry, internal medicine, psychology, nursing, recreation therapy and nutrition devoted to provide care and well-being for their patients.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per diem position. 8-hour variable day shift; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Current Registration with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensure as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include but is not limited to psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with multiple populations including dual diagnosis and eating disorders
- One year of acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
- Experience with CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Marriage and Family Therapist, AMFT, MFT, Unlicensed, Psychology, Eating Disorders, Individual, Group, Therapy